Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Favorite Holiday Tunes!

Last week at work, I was stuck in a small room measuring parts for most of the day. The operators, who are all SO very festive, have been listening to holiday music 24/7 since before Thanksgiving.

Sitting in their and listening to holiday music reminded me of what my favorite holiday songs are that get me singing and tapping me foot every single time. (This was before I discovered Straight no Chaser, which have been my go-to holiday songs for the last couple of days, at least!)

So without further ado, here are my top 3 holiday tunes!

1.) Favorite Old School Holiday Tune ~ This one is a tie!

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee



and

"Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms




2.) Favorite Modern Day Holiday Tune ~ "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey



Check out the awesome holiday play list that Brooke over at claremont road put together. It would be great for your next holiday party or if you just want to bop around the house to some holiday tunes to get into the spirit!

What are your favorite holiday tunes?

1 comment:

  1. Teresa and I were discussing it and I am pretty sure the song that was playing when I proposed was Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby so it has to be a favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XADcfVa8Q1Q. Also it is in Christmas Vacation, one of my favorite Christmas movies, so bonus points.

    Also, Alvin and the Chipmunks make me laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnrosVyamY

    Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree is awesome.

    When My Heart Finds Christmas by Harry Connick Jr is great too. http://www.rdio.com/#/artist/Harry_Connick%2C_Jr./album/When_My_Heart_Finds_Christmas/

    ReplyDelete