Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4 --- #Reverb10 - Wonder

Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
Author: Jeff Davis The Journey from the Center to the Page @JeffreyDavis108

I don't think that I really did much intentionally to cultivate a sense of wonder in my life this year. It is something that I really want to work on in 2011 - to take a moment each day to just appreciate the wonders of everyday life.

One thing I did do this year that made me really appreciate the essence of wonder was to go to the California Academy of Sciences with my best friend from work and her two daughters, Q and L. Although it is an amazing place for adults to go to learn about nature, wildlife, and the world around us, it was even more amazing to watch Q's eyes light up with wonder as she observed the anaconda, walked through the rain forest looking for butterflies, or played in the touch pool (her favorite activity by far!). For children, everything around them is new, interesting, and exciting and they aren't afraid to show their pure unadulterated joy! It makes me excited to have my own children, just to see the wonder in their eyes every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment