Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 19 - #Reverb10 - Healing

Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
Author: Leoni Allan  2011 Creating Your Goddess Year  @GoddessLeoni

I can't recall being healed in any major way in 2010.  One thing that occurred recently that I feel was some form of healing was making contact with a friend who I've held some animosity and anger toward in the last year. She actually made contact with me first wondering why I had been so distant. I felt like my response had to be truthful, but kind. A lot of thought went into how to word my feelings, but in the end I think I did so in a way that hopefully allows her to understand where I have been coming from. When I finally was able to push the send button, I felt a great relief lift off of me. I just felt lighter. Forgiving and moving on are much better uses of my energy than anger and resentment. I really hope to carry these important teachings into 2011.

In 2011, I would love to be healed of my constant worrying over things I can't control and anxiety in general. I've struggled with these things since childhood and I think its time to take steps to alleviate them. I'm hoping to try meditation by taking some classes at a local meditation center. I also would like to try to incorporate yoga into my life. I used to really enjoy the yoga classes at my local gym, but haven't really gone regularly in a year or so. It's time to bring that peaceful practice into my life!


Image Source: Epic Self

No comments:

Post a Comment