Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 8 - #Reverb10 - Beautifully Different

Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.  Author: Karen Walrond   The Beauty of Different  @chookooloonks

Wow! This is the most difficult #reverb10 post so far!

After a little bit of research, I found that lots of other bloggers were having trouble with this prompt as well. Ali over at His Birdie's Nest asked her husband, friends and fellow bloggers what made her Beautifully Different. When I asked my husband what made me Beautifully Different all he said was "I don't even know what that means. Good luck with that!"

I think I am finding this especially hard because I really feel like I am just ordinary. Most of the things that make me different are things I find more negative, than positive (i.e. - being a worry wart and pessimist). I don't necessarily find the negatives of me that "beautiful" (hence starting a "Living a Brighter Life" blog!)

After a lot of self-reflection all day at work, the thing that I came up with that makes me Beautifully Different is the fact that I'm a knowledge seeker.  I'm constantly looking for new things to learn every chance I get. If I have a question about something, I'm trolling the internet like a fiend, looking for articles or blog posts written by someone who may have been in a similar situation or had a similar question. It becomes an addition. I think it makes me Beautifully Different  because it makes me an "expert" at lots of different thing and gives me confidence in myself. Plus its fun!

3 comments:

  1. This is true! You have a capacity to seek knowledge like no one else I know! I think you're beautifully different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble with this prompt because I thought I was (think I am) pretty ordinary. I wish I was more of a knowledge seeker. I think that is a wonderful quality to have :)

    P.S. Your husbands response cracked me up. I had a 50/50 shot of getting a similar response from J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the compliment Ali! You made my day! :-)

    And to Sarah...you have no choice but to love me anyways - beautifully different and all!

    ReplyDelete