Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 20 - #reverb10 - Beyond Avoidance


Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)
Author: Jake Nickell  The Threadless Book  @skaw

I think that in general, I always seem to hold back a little bit in everything I do.

Professionally, I'm not a big risk taker. I take things as they come, complain about them at home, and continue on with the daily grind. I never take action to change things. If there is a problem that needs to be addressed, I usually try to find the most conservative way to a solution. This inability to act is mostly attributed to my intense fear of failure. I'm so afraid to fail, that I sometimes don't even want to try. I KNOW that this is ridiculous, considering all successful people have failed LOTS of times before they reached their full potential. It is just hard to get myself to believe it. I hope that in this next year, I will take the necessary risk (regardless of if I fail) so that I might succeed!


Personally, I don't often like to try new things. I waited for years until I started a blog because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to live up to the expectation I set for myself. However, in finallly starting this blog and getting comments from all you wonderful readers, I've realized the risk I've taken in putting myself out there has been well worth it! Plus I've found it an incredibly enjoyable experience. All benefits of taking a small risk!

Here's to taking more (calculated) risks in 2011!


Image Credit: All Posters and Sodahead

No comments:

Post a Comment