Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Gratitude Photo Challenge Edition

I'm a bit behind in my Gratitude Photo Challenge, what with Anniversary Week in full swing, so I thought I would take this week's Thankful Thursday to catch up a bit!

Day 4: Leaves


In California, not all of the trees' leaves change to pretty fall reds, oranges and yellow, but I set out to find some anyways. Leaves changing color are one of my favorite parts of fall, so I definitely appreciate it when I see them.


Day 5: Morning Sky


Now that the days are lighter earlier, I was able to snap this dawn photo. If this had been last week, I would have been either driving or inside my cubical dungeon and wouldn't have been able to see this lovely sight. I try to take time to look at the sky every morning now as we're leaving the house (since I won't be able to appreciate the light in the evening when I get home!).

Day 6: Books


So I LOVE reading and I LOVE reading on my Kindle, but I also sometimes like to read actual books. I found the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barabara Kingsolver in our work library and read the first few pages while I was waiting for my food to warm. I was instantly drawn in. So starting last night, I'm trying to set aside 15-20 minutes of SSR (sustained silent reading - did anybody else have to do this in elementary school after recess to calm us down?? I LOVED SSR! :-) ) every night before bed.

Day 7: Something Funny

I think that The Hubs is pretty funny (most of the time...sometimes he means to be funny and I get annoyed!). I took a couple of these pictures and told him that it was because he was funny. He says he's not funny and proceeded to give me a few unintentional funny faces!

Day 8: Favorite Color


My favorite color has been and I think will always be purple. My dorm room was covered in it in college. I don't have it around the house as much anymore (The Hubs wouldn't appreciate it like I do!), but I do have a few pieces of purple clothing, including this fun scarf that has purple glitter thread running through it!

Day 9: Inspiring Person

This obviously isn't a photo that I took, but I think that Oprah's teachings are pretty inspiring. As I've said before, I've been enjoying her Life Class and think that a lot of what she is teaching based on her own experiences are important lessons to remember. I'm A LOT of episodes behind, but I want to make sure I make time to watch them and fully engage in what I'm watching, so I've been putting it off! I need to find some time to catch up on that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment