Monday, December 5, 2011

#WEverb11 - Day 5: Befriend

Day 5: Befriend
Did you meet any new friends this year? How did they impact your 2011?

I'd have to say that the new friends I've met this year haven't been in real life, but in this wonderful online community. It was a goal of mine last year to really connect with the bloggers I had been stalking for over a year. I created this blog and  my own Twitter handle and begin putting myself out there. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to keep up with either social outlet, but a year later I think I  can say that I have accomplished that.

I've connected with these friends over earthquakes and The Bachelor, college football (Pac-12 & the Golden Bears), a love of Giants baseball, a common city we've lived in, engineering outreachtrying to conceive AND SO MUCH MORE. (Click each link to meet my friends yourself!) Many of them encouraged me to keep up with blogging and helped me along the way. Quickly connecting with many of them on Twitter makes my day so much more interesting and fun! I can't imagine NOT being online  friends with them and hopefully sometime in the near future I can meet those who live near by IN REAL LIFE! :-)

I hope to connect with even more of you in 2012! I'm already meeting so many people through this years #WEverb11. I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm connecting so much more with the #WEverb11 community this year than the #Reverb10 community last year! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________

Are you participating in #WEverb11? If not, go here for more info! It's an awesome way to reflect on last year and you'll meet tons of new people in the process! :-)



3 comments:

  1. I've met a lot of new friends through Twitter too. It's strange, I'm a pretty shy and timid person in real life but on Twitter I feel like I really put myself out there and it's interesting/fun to get responses! I totally know what you mean about Twitter making the day more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful sentiment you've expressed here! I totally agree with everything you've written and am thankful for the amazing blog community. And Go Bears! :)

    ReplyDelete