Wednesday, December 21, 2011

#Weverb11 - Day 19: Laugh & Day 20: Plug/Unplug

Day 19:  Laugh
Tell us about your biggest belly laugh in 2011?
Contributed by Julie Jordan Scott [fivepassions.com]

Although I can't think of a specific big belly laugh of 2011, there have been plenty of times filled with laughter in our house.

Some of my favorites are times when The Hubs and I are being silly, often time just before we go to bed at night. My husband is a pretty funny guy!

Or times when The Pup insists on taking MY spot on the bed. It is hilarious when I tell him to get off, he goes in his crate, I turn off the light about ready to hop into bed and there he is again in my spot! He thinks he is so sly! Guess that's what we get for snuggling up with him when he was an 8lb puppy!


Day 20:  Plug/Unplug
How has technology affected your life (positively or negatively) in 2011? Do you want this to continue for 2012?
Contributed by Nodakademic [nodakademic.com]


Technology has both positively and negatively affect my life in 2011.  Late last year is when I really got into blog and decided to start blogging myself. Finding time to blog is not easy, but I love the sense of accomplishment I feel when I hit Publish on a post I'm especially proud of. Between the blog and getting more involved with Twitter, I have found a lot of online friends who I can relate to and enjoy "spending my day" with.

I got my first Smartphone in May and since then I have been more connected then ever. I love being able to have an infinite amount of information at my finger tips and have the ability to talk to almost anyone I want at any time.

The negative of all this technology is that it is definitely becoming an addiciton. I can't go too long without checking Twitter or my Google Reader and there is a certain sunshiny feeling I get when I have a new mention or comment. The problem with this is that I find myself scanning my phone while trying to have a conversation with The Hubs, which annoys him (and rightfully so!).

I think for 2012, even though I want to continue to stay connected, I have to figure out when are the best times to plug in and tweet, blog, connect AND times to unplug and leave the phone in my purse untouched!

No comments:

Post a Comment