Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Cooking Extravaganza of a Sunday

This Sunday, while The Hubs was off helping his bro pour concrete, I decided that I would spend the afternoon cooking some fall, festive food. (Say that three times fast.)

I started out by making the 3 ingredient pumpkin bread (Spice Cake Mix, small can pumpkin puree & 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice) that apparently has been all the rage on Pinterest. (I am not a Pinner...don't need another computer time suck!) I found it over at Bower Power and then ended up doing a bit more Googling till I got the actual recipe which I ended up finding here.

The final product...


And the verdict??? YUM-O! The Hubs and I have both made duds of pumpkin bread recipes, so it was great to find one that actually works! Even though it is more of a cake than a bread, it still satisfies a pumpkin craving!

Then I went on to make some festive Halloween cupcakes for work tomorrow and for our evening out with friends tomorrow night. I found the inspiration for the decoration over at Gina's Skinny Recipes (what the heck did people do for inspiration before blogs and the internet??), even though the actual cupcakes aren't skinny!

Oh well.. They turned out super cute!!!


And finally... I decided to try a Paleo (well it wasn't fully Paleo as it had some pumpkin ale in it, but we weren't picky!) Pumpkin Chili over Spaghetti Squash that our friends Teresa and Elliott said was delicious. It made the kitchen smell so fall-like as it was cooking! I love seasonal foods!
It was REALLY delicious and healthy!! I loved the lingering pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon flavor!


Now, I have to go get all the pieces of my somewhat unoriginal costume together for tomorrow! I'll try to post a picture of it sometime tomorrow, but if not then, definitely Tuesday!

Until then...I hope you all have a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment