Friday, October 21, 2011

The Dreaded "noreply@blogger.com"




I thought I had fixed the dreaded noreply@blogger.com (Jen) issue I encountered awhile back when I first started my blog. I swear I had looked at my feed and thought that it said "By Jen" just below the title of the blog post.

Then I noticed that the pictures on my blog aren't showing up in my Dashboard of "Blogs I'm Following". (Yes, I shamefully am following my own blog, but mostly to catch issues like these!)

So I did some Googling and found out that first I should make sure my email address is listed and is able to be publically accessed. Everything seemed to check out find on this front.

Then I started digging a little deeper...

Some people said that I need to delete my FeedBurner account. To be honest, I never really look at the FeedBurner stats. When I started blogging, I thought maybe I would want to track stats and things, but since I'm not really that famliar with most of the stats FeedBurner provides it has been pretty worthless to me. I was about to delete it to see if that would correct the problem, but wasn't sure how many people that would screw up. I figured if I hit delete and it was the wrong thing to do, I might piss people off! :-)

So a couple of questions for my techy friends....

Any one else have a similar issue and how did you fix it?

How will deleting my FeedBurner feed affect how people are connected to my blog?

Will it delete the feed from Google Reader?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I want to be a good blogger and not be the annoying girl who has "noreply@blogger.com" as the default email address. 


No comments:

Post a Comment