Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Blogging...

I thought I would interrupt my scheduled "Trip to Sunny Seattle" updates to share the new shows I've added so far to my Fall TV line up.

Although I threaten to cancel cable because it's a HUGE rip off, I sure do love the Fall Season when there is a pleathora of new shows to try out and old shows are new again.

This season, I have found quite a few new shows to try out. We'll see I stick with them for the whole season, but so far the Pilot's have peaked my interest.

Hart of Dixie
Image Source: CW
This is definitely a chick TV show (ala Dawson's Creek and OC), but that's never stopped me before. The premiere episode reminded me of a mix of Grey's Anatomy and Sweet Home Alabama. Rachel Bilson is cute and fun to watch. I could definitely have a girl crush on her!  The story line is predictable, but I'm a sucker for that sort of thing!

Pan Am
Image Source: Facebook
I DVR'd Pan Am at the last minute and I must say that I'm intrigued. I love shows that are set in the past. I also thinks it's interesting to see how flying was such a luxury in the past. It's a little bit romance, a little bit mystery. I'm also hoping flying virtually through the TV helps with my fear of flying! hehe :-)

Whitney
Image Source: Yahoo
This show is HILARIOUS! The Hubs and I were watching it in bed and I totally thought he was asleep when all of a sudden he burst out laughing hysterically. Let's just say it involved a sexy nurse outfit and filling out forms! Ha! Whitney is also taped in front of a live studio audience which I think is cool. 

The Sing Off
Image Source: Yahoo
How did I not know about this show before??? Thanks to Twitter last week, I found that TONS of people love the Sing Off, so I DVR'd it on a whim. It was SOO enjoyable. I think it is amazing what these groups can do with just their voices. I especially love when they take a modern song and do it acoustically with a different flair.

Being the TV addict that I am, I've also got Revenge, The New Girl, and Up All Night DVR'd, but so far they haven't made a big enough impression to make my top new show list!

Are you a Fall TV addict? What did you add to your DVR this season?

2 comments:

  1. We cancelled cable over the summer and use Hulu Plus, surprisingly most shows are on there, including The New Girl, Up All Night, PanAm, Whitney, etc. which I definitely added to my queue! The only thing I really miss is Bravo, bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Meagan! I'll have to look more seriously into Hulu Plus. I'm surprised Bravo hasn't started streaming everything online like the rest of the channels. I'd definitely miss Bravo! Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete