Friday, April 8, 2011

"Kindle Reads" - Pioneer Women - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story

Image Source: Bookswim
 
Everyone in the blogosphere is familiar with The Pioneer Women, also know as Ree Drummond. She has this amazing blog where she documents her life on her husband's (aka Marlboro Man) cattle ranch. Also an amazing chef, she writes about all kinds of culinary deliciousness complete with step by step instructions and beautiful photographs.

I knew she had written a book, but it wasn't until I saw that Nie Nie (a very inspirational blogger if you don't already follow her) was reading it and loving it that I decided to download myself a copy.

This book, Pioneer Women - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story, is the story of her romance with Marlboro Man. I guess she had started documenting the story of their love on her blog (before I was a follower) and people loved it so much she ended up compiling the posts and some additional stories into this great book.

I love me a good love story and this sure is one of them. The best part is that it is TRUE! I love all the intricate details Ree remembers about her quick courtship with Marlboro Man and the funny stories she has to tell about her acclimating to life on the ranch. Let's say hilarity ensues when she is require to take a cows temperature! hehe :-)

I just finished this book recently and was sad to see it come to an end. I really wanted to know more about her life and love, but I guess I'll just have to stay tuned for her blog for more of her love stories!

Anyone else read Black Heels or are you content just trolling The Pioneer Women for your daily dose of love story?

No comments:

Post a Comment