Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Getting’ Into the Swing of Things

Why is it so hard to get back into the swing of things at work after the holidays?

We’ve had a couple of glorious days off for the past two weeks that have supposedly allowed us to recharge our batteries and gear up for the year ahead. We have an easily identified date where we can start out fresh and make a precedent for 2010. But boy is it hard to get out of the holiday vacation mentality.

Maybe it’s the fact that there isn’t another holiday in sight until February and then not another until May. Maybe it’s the letdown after all of the hustle and bustle we’ve been through due to the holidays. Maybe it is all the random stuff I have floating in my head about the things I want to work on within myself the upcoming year or errands and at home tasks that need to get done. All of this chatter in my brain just prevents me from focusing on the present (a constantly recurring theme in my life that I’m sure I’ll be talking about on many more occasions).

Whatever it is, I wish that I could get out of my funk and get down to business. I know that I would feel so much better if I hit the ground running and just got stuff done. I love the feeling of accomplishment and checking things off of my to-do list. So today, I’m going to FOCUS on the tasks at hand here at work…prioritize what needs to get done and make sure I can chip away at each item as best I can. Here’s to getting out of this rut and feeling all that much brighter and lighter because of it!

Do any of you feel the post-holiday slump? How do you climb your way out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment