Sunday, December 26, 2010

#Reverb10 Catch Up!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and that Santa brought them everything they wanted!

The Hubs and I were really spoiled by our family this year! Then today we went ahead a proceeded to spoil ourselves EVEN MORE with some fun buys for the house and garage! :-)

Sometime this week, I'll fill you in on all the goodies we got, but for now, it's time for a #reverb10 catch up!

DECEMBER 24rd
Prompt: Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
Author: Kate Inglis, The Dead Crew, @sweetsalty

There are many many moments where I have freaked out unneccesarily this year (and basically every year since the day of my birth!).

Here's how a typical "Jen Freak Out Session" goes:
"I can't believe this happened. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? It's not fair! It must be the apocolypse!"

::Crying:: ::Crying:: ::More Crying::

2 hours later after being calmed down some by The Hubs...

"You're right, it could have been worse. I should be thankful for what I do have. I may have overreacted a little bit. It really isn't the end of the world."

To overreact like this whenever something doesn't go my way is really exhausting. But it's hard for me to stop myself from going from neutral to crying in less than 60 seconds. I need to realize that everything IS going to be OK and that things are normally not as bad as I am making them out to be. I need to have faith that THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. It is really something I need to work on, although I think it might be a lifelong work in progress.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to be inspired the following phrase first coined by the Britsh government in 1939 right before World War II:


It must be a sign that I need to adopt this motto because even before I was able to publish this post, I came across another fellow blogger, Melissa over at The Inspired Room, who is also using this mantra for her and her family this holiday season. (Don't you love the gold sparkle touch to that holiday card??)

December 25th
Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
Author: Tracey Clark, Expressive Photography: The Shutter Sisters' Guide to Shooting from the Heart  @shuttersisters

The difficulty I've had in try to find a picture for this post make me realize that The Hubs and I REALLY need to take more pictures in the coming year...

For now, I'm going to use a picture that I took recently. Whenever I look at it, it makes me think of happiness and love

It's a picture of me holding my best friend's new baby at the hospital last week when he was just hours old. The picture was taken by The Hubs.


If you could have been in the room, you would have heard how nervous I was to hold him (which is pretty typical of who I am). All day, I was so excited waiting for this little one to arrive and now here he was...absolutely AMAZING. It makes me excited for the future when The Hubs and I start our own family!

December 26th
Prompt: Soul food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth and touched your soul?
Author: Elise Marie Collins, An A-Z Guide to Healing Foods: A Shopper's Reference, @mysticflavor

My favorite comfort food, by far, is french bread. I especially love these Portuguese rolls that we get at a local Portuguese bakery that are SO delicious I can eat like 4 large rolls in one sitting! I don't know what it is about bread, but it always makes me happy when I eat it, especially when I can sop up soup or tomato sauce with it! YUM! My waist line on the other hand, has a VERY love/hate relationship with this evil carb!


The other food I love, that makes me "ooooo" and "ahhhh" every time I have it, is sushi from our favorite sushi restaurant, Amakara. I swear every time we go there, I leave a little happier. They have the most delicious grilled edamame and inventive sushi rolls! They also make a mean Sweetartini, made with SweetTarts! The restaurant is a little pricey, but The Hubs and I go for most special occasions, including major accomplishments! Lucky for us, we just got a gift card for Amakara for Christmas!


Image Credits: Wikipedia, Ericka Record, Amakara

No comments:

Post a Comment